6205 NE 63rd Street, Vancouver, WA 98661 · Phone (360) 200-5995 · Accounting Fax (360) 200-5995
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN – POWER ELECTRONICS
Local commercial electronics distributor is looking for a full-time engineering technician.
We are much more than a distributor! We have multiple business segments, and our Assembly Power Transformer division is growing!
We are searching for an entry level, engineering technician professional with a positive, team-oriented attitude, who is wanting to find a home with a company that is looking forward to great opportunities - this position will help unlock our mutual potential.
Come join our team and learn from experts in their fields!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Magnetic AQL component testing of samples and finished product;
- Review electrical and mechanical drawings, determine appropriateness to application;
- Identify issues with drawings and submit concerns and solutions to customer under the direction of the SR Engineer and Project Manager;
- Create drawings in given software package to submit to manufacturers for quotation;
- Matching customer BOM to finished design BOM;
- Organize and ensure engineering documents are properly controlled for changes and revisions documentation;
- Trouble shooting and quality assurance work, post manufacturing.
- Follow instructions and learn from SR Engineer, Project Manager, and application Sales Manager.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced-deadline driven environment.
- Must be comfortable repeating processes on differing projects.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of efficiency, accuracy and completeness.
- After training, the individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product.
- Must have a clear understanding of confidentiality, our projects are confidential and proprietary to our customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering.
- Mandarin speaking is a plus.
Full time hours: Monday – Friday from 8a.m. to 5p.m.
Dress is business casual. Wages are DOE.
We offer a competitive benefits program that includes: health, dental, vision, life, PTO, and a 401k plan with a matching program.